We work in a collaborative relationship with churches and groups in the North American evangelical community on specific ministry projects.
TEAM's Timothy Network is a carefully selected group of volunteers who invest several weeks or more per year serving TEAM workers and their families by providing care for them on location. By repeated visits to one particular ministry area, each Timothy Network caregiver builds relationships and ministers through listening, encouragement, godly counsel, and prayer.
- Missionaries benefit from regular face to face support, encouragement, and wise counsel
- Missionary care is most effective in the context of an ongoing relationship with the caregiver
- Caregivers need specific gifts, experience, maturity, and training to be effective in caring for missionaries
- Caregivers must be characterized by grace and humility
What It Involves
Timothy Network provides a safe (outside and objective) pastoral care environment. We strive to help our workers:
- Deal with stress and develop better coping skills
- Handle and resolve conflict and enhance interpersonal relationship skills
- Manage the normal stages of life in cross-cultural settings
Timothy Network caregivers have a passion for missionaries and are gifted at pastoral care through:
- Being skilled listeners
- Being wise encouragers
- Having a depth of life experience
- Demonstrating godly wisdom
"I hope in the Lord to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you. I have no one else like him, who takes genuine interest in your welfare. For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me in the work of the gospel. I hope, therefore, to send him as soon as I see how things go with me." Philippians 2:19-23 (NIV)
In the above passage, Paul says he has "no one else" who is like Timothy. He commends Timothy to them, because he has proven himself. Others were less mature and more self centered, but the Philippians knew what Timothy was like. He genuinely cared for them and had a proven track record. Overseas workers have had many types of people visit, with varying agendas. We want the Timothy Network to mean the same thing that Timothy's name meant to the Philippians. When Paul said he was sending Timothy, they knew they were getting someone in whom they could have confidence.
TEAM has opportunities for Timothy Network personnel in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East. If you are interested or know of someone who would fit this ministry, please contact us.
Want to know more about the Timothy Network?
Contact us today!